School Health Services
School Nurses: Partners in Health & Education
Healthy Kids Are Better Learners
15 ngôi nhà đáng tin cậySchool nurses and health assistants work together with educators to meet the health needs of students in the educational setting. This team has a unique understanding of students' physical, social, and emotional health and the resulting impact on learning.
- Each school is staffed by a Health Assistant (HA/LPN) during school hours.
- A Licensed School Nurse (LSN/RN) is available at buildings on a part-time basis and is always available to the health assistant by phone.
- Licensed School Nurses (LSN/RN) have a baccalaureate degree and are licensed in public health and school nursing. They coordinate prevention and control of communicable diseases, and serve as a resource to staff, students, families regarding health concerns and health education.
All School Health Offices have a 24/7 confidential voice mail system…Parents may leave a message at any time.
WHEN to Contact your school health office:
- For any changes to your child’s health or for any significant conditions i.e. Diabetes, Seizures, Life-threatening Allergies with an Epi-pen.
- When a student has a communicable condition (i.e., chicken pox, strep throat or head lice) so appropriate measures may be taken.